top of page

Grupo az radio

Público·420 miembros

Youre The Worst - Season 1

You're the Worst is an American comedy-drama television series created by Stephen Falk. Originally broadcast by FX, the series moved to its sister channel FXX beginning with the second season. The series follows Jimmy (Chris Geere), a self-involved writer, and Gretchen (Aya Cash), a self-destructive PR executive, as they attempt a relationship, along with their friends Edgar (Desmin Borges) and Lindsay (Kether Donohue).[1][2] The series premiered on July 17, 2014.[3]

Youre The Worst - Season 1

In September 2014, FX renewed the show for a thirteen-episode second season, which premiered September 9, 2015 on FXX.[4] The second season shifted its focus towards clinical depression and its effect on modern relationships, ultimately becoming the theme of the series.[5][6] In September 2016, FX renewed the series for a fourth season,[7] which premiered on September 6, 2017.[8] In November 2017, FX renewed the series for a fifth and final season which premiered on January 9, 2019. The final episode aired on April 3, 2019.[9][10]

Jimmy also has a friend named Edgar, an Iraq War veteran suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), living in his house. Throughout the first season, it is hinted that Jimmy expected the arrangement to be temporary and he sometimes wonders aloud when Edgar will move out. Over time it becomes clear that Jimmy has come to rely on Edgar's cooking and housework, as well as his friendship.

Production on the pilot for You're the Worst, written by Stephen Falk, was first announced on July 17, 2013.[14] It was announced that casting was completed on September 19, 2013.[2] The network announced that it had ordered the pilot to series on January 24, 2014, ordering an additional nine episodes for the first season.[15] On December 2, 2015, the show was renewed for a third season,[16] which premiered on August 31, 2016.[17]

Most scenes are shot on-location.[18] The house representing Jimmy's home is in Silver Lake, Los Angeles.[19] For season 3, a replica of the interior of the house was constructed on a sound stage, slightly enlarged to improve camera access.[20]

The second season received a Metacritic score of 82 out of 100, based on 14 critics, indicating "universal acclaim."[27] Rotten Tomatoes reported a 97% approval rating, based on 33 reviews, with an average rating of 8.5/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Expertly balancing character growth against edgy humor, season two of You're the Worst elevates the show's excellent writing and talented cast to a new level."[28]

The third season received a Metacritic score of 85 out of 100, based on 14 critics, indicating "universal acclaim."[29] Rotten Tomatoes reported a 100% approval rating, based on 29 reviews, with an average rating of 8.38/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "You're the Worst continues to chart serious territory with intelligence, heart, and noxious wit in its third season, even as the anti-rom-com's damaged narcissist protagonists slowly start to get over themselves."[30]

The fourth season received very positive reviews from critics. On Metacritic, it has a score of 84 out of 100 based on 5 reviews, indicating "universal acclaim".[31] Rotten Tomatoes reported a 100% approval rating, based on 15 reviews, with an average rating of 8.46/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "You're the Worst remains smartly idiosyncratic in its fourth season, deftly balancing its dramatic elements against some of the sharpest laughs on television."[32]

The fifth season received very positive reviews from critics. On Metacritic, it has a score of 86 out of 100 based on 5 reviews, indicating "universal acclaim".[33] Rotten Tomatoes reported a 100% approval rating, based on 11 reviews, with an average rating of 7.67/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Endearingly acerbic, You're the Worst refuses to overstay its welcome, delivering its fifth and final season with plenty of on brand care and cringe."[34]

I wish I could tell you the new fall season is packed with new half-hour offerings that offer some or all of the above, but alas, the pickings are pretty slim. ABC's "Black-ish," and, to a milder degree, NBC's "A to Z" and "Marry Me," are relatively promising broadcast-network comedies, but the rest of the "fresh" half-hour offerings on the big networks fall somewhere between "Well, I didn't totally hate it" and "Please, make the pain stop."

If you want to do more than merely tolerate a comedy -- in other words, if you want to fall in love with one -- try binging on FX's "You're the Worst," which debuted in July. The comedy's season finale is Sept. 18, and if it doesn't get a second season, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, not just from me, but from a whole range of critics who've developed a crush on the show over the last couple of months.

None of those similarities to my life would matter at all, I quickly realized, if the writing for this show weren't so sharp and incisive. Gretchen and Jimmy's story, which acquires surprising emotional weight as the season progresses, is highly addictive on its own merits.

The excellent thing about Edgar, though, is that he's far more than a mere plot device; he's a wonderfully realized character in his own right. Like Pete Hill of "Enlisted," a key character in another terrific comedy that debuted this year, Edgar is an Army veteran who is marked by his service and the PTSD that resulted from it, but he is not defined by those things. As the end of the first season approaches, I'm interested in whether Gretchen and Jimmy will make their rickety relationship work, but I actually care just as much about whether Edgar will get his life together.

Jimmy also has a friend named Edgar, an Iraq War veteran suffering from PTSD, living in his house. Throughout the first season, it is hinted that Jimmy expected the arrangement to be temporary and he sometimes wonders aloud when Edgar will move out. As time goes on, it becomes clear that Jimmy has come to rely on Edgar's housework and cooking, as well as his friendship.

Production on the pilot for You're the Worst, written by Stephen Falk, was first announced on July 17, 2013. It was announced that casting was completed on September 19, 2013. The network announced that it had ordered the pilot to series on January 24, 2014, ordering an additional nine episodes for the first season.

The first season of this show was very good. I would argue the show took some time to find its footing and figure out where the strengths of the principal cast were in the first few installments. But once the show settled in, the comedy was consistently and fantastically on point.

I'd also argue that You're the Worst Season 2 Episode 1 is one of the best, if not the best, of the show so far. It was an incredibly strong season opener that highlighted all of the great parts of the show.

To harken back to season one for a specific example, I immediately think of the episode where Jimmy and Gretchen struggle to find other people to sleep with so that they'll be "even" (on a points system) after Jimmy sleeps with the "Hollywood It-Girl" actress.

Lindsay is, hands down, the worst person on the show. And I love it. She's so delightfully dense, so brash and such a ditz. She seduced Paul, not because she loved him or even wanted to get him back, but just to prove that she could and that he wanted her sexually.

Over the past four seasons, Gretchen has always been a character that is well aware of her faults and mistakes as a person and, in one way or another, owns up to them. She is cognizant in the ways that she alienates those around her and does what she can, in her limited way, to lessen that, albeit often unsuccessfully. 041b061a72

Acerca de

¡Te damos la bienvenida al grupo! Puedes conectarte con otro...

Miembros

• Lawrence Jordan
    Lawrence Jordan
  • kseymx
  • Benzema Roy
    Benzema Roy
  • yug sharma
  • brad smith
    brad smith
bottom of page